Workforce Readiness Coalition
The Workforce Readiness Coalition is a group of educators representing Edgecombe County Public Schools, Edgecombe Community College, Nash Community College and Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools, along with business/industry and community stakeholders. The Coalition seeks to strengthen the region's career and techincal education pathways, career awareness programs and the workforce system to produce a work ready community.
We will promote and facilitate the successful collaboration of those involved in preparing a qualified workforce.
- Addressing the soft skills gap
- Increase work-based learning experiences
- Increase awareness of students and educators about local products, companies and careers in the Twin-Counties region
How You Can Help
Volunteer your time or services:
- Internships for students to gain experience, determine interests, network with professionals, or gain school credit.
- Short-term externships involving shadowing a professional during a normal day. Could include informational interviews, facility tours, participation in facility activities, etc.
- Serve as speaker for students during class. Topics will include current issues in industry.
- Provide lunch seminar with industry information/update
- Provide faculty continuing education opportunity to visit
- Serve on a program specific advisory board
- Provide scholarship opportunities to enrolled students
- Provide on-site interviews for students seeking careers
- Mock interviews for students to gain practice with experts
- Donation of equipment for training purposes
- Offer internship plus scholarship for tuition and/or books through Work Study Scholarship
- Program (WSSP)