STEP and the Twin Counties Industry Consortium are pleased to offer our middle schools the opportunity to participate in teacher externships, a professional development experience that integrates project-based learning, teacher leadership, and career awareness.
Participants in this program will participate in an 5 day experience: August 3 – August 7, 2020
• Summer Day 1: Orientation and Immersion in local workplace
• Summer Day 2: Immersion in local workplace
• Summer Day 3: Immersion in local workplace
• Summer Day 4: Attend the Twin Counties Education and Business Leader’s Summit
• Summer Day 5: Immersion in local workplace
During the 2020-21 School Year
- Development and implementation of the PBL lesson/units
- Share experience and lesson plan with co-workers at a faculty meeting
- Presentation to STEP Board of Directors/Workforce Readiness Coalition (date and time to be announced).
Summer Extern participants receive
• $1000 stipend for participation in the summer externship (30 hours) and submission of an original Project Based Learning lesson/unit.
Summer Extern participants MUST ATTEND AND COMPLETE ALL components of the program in their entirety.
Please complete ALL sections of this application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 10, 2020