STEP is pleased to offer educators in the Twin Counties the opportunity to participate in Teachers@Work, a professional development experience that integrates project-based learning, teacher leadership, and career awareness.
Participants in this program will participate in a 5 day experience: August 2 – August 6, 2021
- Summer Day 1: Orientation and Immersion in local workplace
- Summer Day 2: Immersion in local workplace
- Summer Day 3: Immersion in local workplace
- Summer Day 4: Immersion in local workplace
- Summer Day 5: Immersion in local workplace
During the 2021-22 School Year
- Development and implementation of the PBL lesson/units
- Share experience and lesson plan with co-workers at a faculty meeting
- Presentation to STEP Board of Directors/Workforce Readiness Coalition (date and time to be announced).
Summer Extern Participants Receive
- $1000 stipend for participation in the summer externship (30 hours) and submission of an original Project Based Learning lesson/unit.
Teachers@Work-Twin Counties participant MUST ATTEND AND COMPLETE ALL components of the program before receiving the stipend.
THE APPLICANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING HIS/HER PRINCIPAL TO WRITE A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION AND SUBMIT TO firstname.lastname@example.org BY THE APPLICATION DEADLINE OF MAY 14, 2021!
Please complete ALL sections of this application; incomplete applications will not be considered.